Monday, January 7, 2013

Predicting Piece

A beautiful angel is all that is here
Saying O'Lord please leave me here
Not ready to leave but has to go
Wants to go back but God says no
A husband and children
Grandchildren and friends
A meaningful life that suddenly ends
And angel is what she was meant to be
Now think of all that she can see
Watching over her family night and day
Saying I love you in her own special way
In the night we sleep and in the day we cry
While she watches us all from her star in the sky....


I am Lonely
And I miss you
More than ever
I miss the memories we shared
The laughing
Happiness
But in an instant
A meaningful life that suddenly ends
Everything begins to fade
Someone once said
Nothing gold can stay
And now I know
That there's a time
Where I have to let go
Let go of the memories
Let go of the joy
Because by this time next fall
It has already gone
But the feeling stays
Lonely

Have you ever lost someone very dear to your heart? Someone who would bring happiness when you were in tears. In the poem Beautiful Angel by Christopher Warner the author tries to comfort you and make you understand that sometimes you need to realize that it’s time to let go. But when I read this poem the only thing I was focusing on was the line “A meaningful life that suddenly ends”. So I wrote my poem on the loss and sorrow because that’s the feeling I got while reading this poem. In a poem it’s hard not to predict the ending so that is my reasoning of writing my prediction piece on continuing a poem. I based my part of the poem on the saying “A meaningful life that suddenly ends” because I thought that it was a very delicate way of saying “a terrible loss”. That is thought I had in my mind while reading this poem. And that was how my continuing of the poem became so clear to me. This just goes to show that the meanings of poems really depend on the way the reader portrays it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment