Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Am I Proud of My Country


Am I proud of my country? I need to reflect on the past and my experience with the country. Well, when I think of that question here is only one thing that comes to mind is something that needs to be ended. Like war, the definition war to me means: sadness and hatred towards one another sadness is something that happens during this fight for something that isn’t worth fighting for. I feel that when I remember hardships in U.S history it is hard to hold back tears from all the sorrow of innocent people dying for no good reason what so ever. 9/11 is one of the most awful experiences in history.

 It was hard for me to watch this tragedy unfold on this day of remembrance of those who saved so many lives and died doing it. There are those who believe in forgiving the people who caused that chaos. I feel like people like shouldn’t be forgiven for taking the lives of many innocent people. Yesterday, I watched Red Dawn a classic movie from the 80’s. This movie was set in the 1980’s in which the U.S was invaded by the Soviet Union.
 The story is about teenagers who try to make themselves known to the enemies that they weren’t just some dumb high school kids they meant business. However, the onset story was supposed to be World War III. This team of elite teenagers called themselves the Wolverines because of their school mascot.

This just goes to show that it doesn’t matter how old you are you can always make a fight for what you believe and having courage and braveness. So if you ask me I will always say I am proud to be American. I don’t care how cheesy it sounds it is true to me America is a place for a new start. It is a clean slate no matter what your back round. It is a place for happiness. Even though we have gone through some hard to times we will always be a great country for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment